This article will help you to learn about industrial fire safety management system implementation, analysis, and inspection systems to install fire safety management systems in your own industrial premises.
We have completed our fire safety project implementation in an Indonesian Apparel manufacturer industry location is “Jl. Raya Wantilan RT.07/03, Ds. Wantilan, Kec. Wantilan, Kab. Subang, Jawa Barat”
In this fire safety project implementation, a total of 1164 Employees attended and, contributed their efforts to make this project successful.
In this project, they are making mostly all kinds of knit garments and textiles. Their major market is USA (95%) + Other Region (5%)
Background of implementation
- Commitment to creating safe working conditions.
- Convince our business partners → Good relationship
- Secure our assets → Employees, Buildings, machines, etc.)
- Comply with government regulations and requirements of our buyers
Fire Safety Management
- Procedure of Fire Safety
- Structure of Fire Safety Management
- Fire Protection Facilities
- Training & Signs
Procedure for Emergency Response
Fig: Procedure of emergency response
The industry needs to create an emergency response team to maintain fire safety management responsibilities in prompt action during the crisis period.
+ ——–> [Management]
+ ——–> [Production]
+ ——–> [Store]
+ ——–> [Cutting]
+ ——–> [Sewing]
+ ——–> [Finishing]
+ ——–> [Logistics]
+ ——–> [Quality]
+ ——–> [Compliance]
+ ——–> [Admin]
Active Fire Protection Facilities
Type of Fire Detection and Alarm Systems
Manual Call Point:
Manual call point
Automatic fire detection:
Automatic fire detection
DO NOT FORGET!
- Testing and maintenance
- Guaranteed power supply
Location of Fire Detection & Alarm System
|Smoke detector||Fabric Wearhouse||2|
|Accessories & fabric relaxation||2|
|Manual call point||Fabric Wearhouse||1|
|Accessories & fabric relaxation||1|
Table: location of fire detection and alarm system
fig: fire classification
Firefighting equipment and facilities
fig: firefighting equipment
Manual fire suppression
Automatic fire suppression
Thermatics fire extinguisher
Thermatics Fire Extinguisher
- Fast and easy to installed
- Free treatment
- Can be moved
- Does not disturb the production
- The cost of purchase is relatively less expensive compared to the installation of fire sprinkler systems, fire sprinkler systems as requiring the installation of pipes and pumps
fig: thermatics fire extinguisher
Location of firefighting equipments
fig: Location of firefighting equipment
fig: emergency lights
fig: evacuation route
fig: electrical panel
Fire Evacuation Drill
fig: evacuation drill
fig: fire evacuation drill
Fire Safety Training
fig: fire safety training by fire station, in every 6 month
Control and Record
fig: fire safety control & record chart
Fire safety signs
fig: fire safety signs in the industry
Benefits of Fire Safety Management Implementation
- Increase employee morale by allaying fire safety concerns.
- Increase employee fire safety and awareness on their workplace.
- Employees understand how to minimize potential fire hazards.
- Gain the trust of the buyers and associates.
- Fire risks can be controlled.
Reference: This document is prepared by a group of textile engineers, apparel technologists, compliance personnel, and a group of industry experts to educate the industrial workforce about fire safety management. This data is being fully prohibited to copy/paste or, reproduce by other parties. - All data authority is bdmeter informatics.